Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekly to do list

So last week I was determined to mark some of the items off my list that have been long standing:

  • The first was to make another batch of homemade laundry detergent. I had made a batch around Thanksgiving and I just used up the last of it this week. My initial batch turned out okay, but never really gelled. I used a different recipe for my 2nd batch and it turned out perfect. Here is the recipe I used. I was extremely grateful for her breakdown in cost. Thank you  The Family Homestead.

  • Next on the list, homemade yogurt. I have to say I was pretty skeptical that this could rival my favorite Stonyfield yogurt. I did use stonyfield for the yogurt starter which may contribute to my fondness for this yogurt. It turned out great, filled my crockpot and received approval from the little people.

  • Recover my office chair. It's needed it for quite a while. So it is now stripped, the paint is drying. I hope to finish it up tomorrow and will post some pictures.

  • Last on my list was to finish tagging my items for the WEE consignment sale. Everything is ready to go just needs to be tagged. I had planned to do this last night and drop-off today, but nature had another idea as it is currently snowing, schools are closed and well "it ain't happenin". I had really hoped to sell to be able to earn some extra cash, but looks like I might be listing some stuff on facebook. Oh well...

Happy list scratchin'
Abby

No comments: